Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Piece of Trash

Over the weekend, I learned that a friend of mine had his house broken into while at work. 

Now this is the type of scum that brings out the wolf in me.

While a hard-working citizen is at work on his day off, trying to scrape by in this economy to make a buck, some lowlife piece of trash breaks into his home and steals from him.

Now I know in my last post, that I said I write about criminals, but I have to clarify.

I have been stolen from myself.  And the only thing I could think of afterwards, is getting the trash that stole from me.  I wanted the item back.  Sure.  But I really wanted to run this scum down.  If nothing else, I want to know what he looks like and then yes.  Dole out some justice.

So, while I did write a book about a man resorting to thievery, I also must clarify that I do not think what he did was right.  In the end, I think he is worse off for it in his mind and soul, which is what he deserves.

Any story I write about thieves generally has them learning their lesson, because I can't stand to be ripped off.  I mean, sure.  After you are robbed, you can most likely get it back over time.

However, what happens on a break-in is that you know someone has broken into your home and the feeling that they will come back doesn't go away. 

Victims have trouble sleeping and they even start staying with a friend sometimes or maybe their parents, just out of fear of being in their own homes.

How ridiculous!

And well, yes.  You can contact the police and fill out a report. 

However, we've all been there.  The law can be mighty slow and unreliable as far as finding the perpetrators or even identifying them.  I can't blame them totally.  Many criminals are smart and prove slick enough to get away with the dastardly deed.

And what can we do?

Well, if you're like me, you don't want to be bothered by your neighbors.  So the neighborhood watch thing is not really for me.  You can install security cameras and other devices as well as an alarm system. 

However, you just lost something of value and well, money is might hard to come by.

So, you're probably looking at a situation where you're going to end up eating that loss. 

Doesn't that burn you up?

It burns me right the hell up!

However, it is the world we live in...so they say.

What you can do is picture what you would do if you caught the bastards and their punishment was up to you.

I think I'd prefer to take a finger off, depending on the amount they stole.  Very low?  A pinky.  Low? The middle finger.  Medium?  A hand.  High?  A hand and a foot.  After all, this thief has most likely been a half-ass at life so far.  Might as well have half his hands and feet. 

Anyway, what's your thoughts?

What would be your punishment?

No comments:

Post a Comment